Monday, November 10, 2008

When You Live Alone ...


I need a personal manager. Someone to following me around all day telling me what to do, and when. That's one of the bad things about living alone. You aren't accountable to anyone, so you slip into bad habits. You don't have someone in the house raising an eyebrow when you start to do something you shouldn't, like eating cold spaghetti for breakfast. With your hands. You don't have to be embarrassed by your housemate finding your dirty undies piled on the bathroom floor. There's nobody to remind you to go to bed when you should. Take your pills when you should. Go to the doctor when you should.


This is why people who live alone get weird. And lazy. Having another body in the house keeps you honest, makes you toe the mark. And right now, I need a personal trainer to help me organize my life better. Any offers out there? Warning: I'm a hard case! *g*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your link on Susan Wiggs' gratitude page. This post is so right on for me! I, too, live alone and work from home, and I swear, if people knew how I really lived day-to-day, they might be appalled. It's an incredibly challenging lifestyle, though I can't convince my friends of this.

News From the Holmestead said...

Hi, Lisa. Well, here's proof that links work! I'm so glad you found my blog. I usually keep it more updated than this, but have been swamped.

I think the most challenging part of working from home and living by yourself is the lack of exercise. Far too easy to sit in front of the computer all day!

Sherrie Holmes

NinaP said...

I'm up for the challenge! if you can keep me on word count. OMW, I can sit down at the computer for 8+ hours and finish with fewer words than when I started. UGH.

But... all my undies are in the hamper and I only eat cold spaghetti when no one is looking. As to the doctor,... you might be on your own for that one. I haven't seen mine in four plus years. And I never go to bed on time... Hmmm maybe I'm not the right person for the job. Sorry. Would you settle for a pesky friend?

Hugs and Happy Birthday,
Nina