Tuesday, February 3, 2009

12 Things About Me

I first found this exercise on Susan Wiggs's blog, The View From Here. I love her blog! Anyway, she talked about how on Facebook there's a program where you list 25 things about yourself, and send it to friends, who then list 25 things about themselves.

I'm always a sucker for these things, and it's one of the few (very few!) things I will pass on via e-mail. (Be forewarned--if you send me an e-mail that says to forward it to everyone in my address book, it automatically gets deleted)

But this one is fun, because it shows a side of yourself many people may not know. I don't have time to come up with 25 things about myself, however, so my list will be shorter. Without further ado, here is my list. I invite you to share 12 things about yourself!

1. I am artistic (painting, drawing, photography)
2. I am lost without my camera
3. I have a green thumb. I can make anything grow, even a seed from a store-bought grapefruit (now a 12" tree)
4. I like salty-or-sour/sweet foods
5. I love music
6. I'm a good marksman with a slingshot and a BB rifle
7. I was first published at age 11 when my poem was printed in my school district's teachers newsletter
8. I have no patience with companies that hire customer service people whose first language is NOT English, and who don't monitor the e-mails their CS people send out. How am I to know that when a CS person's e-mail says to click on the Lens Image that they mean the magnifying glass?
9. I secretly hate people who drive Hummers and other huge gas guzzling status symbols
10. I'm forgetful, and sometimes it's embarrassing, like going to the grocery store with a row of clothespins clipped to the hem of my sweatshirt from hanging up laundry. Or turning on the water in the shower and then forgetting to take a shower. Clue: no hot water.
11. I sometimes wear my tennies without socks
12. I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell and can tell when friends need to empty the garbage under the kitchen sink or when they are wearing musty-smelling clothes. As a result, I rinse food particles off everything before putting it in the garbage.

Okay, your turn. If you can't come up with 12, that's okay. Just list the weirdest. *g*

No comments: