Sunday, January 25, 2009

Recipe: Karen Johnson's Award Winning Tuna Casserole

This is a sinfully rich tuna noodle casserole. I first tasted it at an office potluck about 30 years ago and have made it many times since then. It is named after the employee who made it for the potluck. When I asked for the recipe, Karen told me that if I passed the recipe on, I had to substitute her name for mine, and each person passing it on adds their name to it. She said it was a "tradition." I don't know if she was pulling my leg or not. Regardless, since I got the recipe from her, I preferred to leave her name on it, as a way to remember her. If you wish to put my name on it, that's your decision.

There are two unusual ingredients--Velveeta cheese and dried parsley flakes--that "make" this casserole. Try it, you'll like it!


KAREN JOHNSON'S AWARD WINNING TUNA CASSEROLE


16-oz. (or slightly less) Velveeta, cubed
1 small tub margarine
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can milk
4-6 Tbs. dried parsely flakes
1 large can tuna fish
12-oz. package cooked noodles


--In large saucepan mix first 5 ingredients & heat till cheese melts (reserve some cheese and parsley for topping)

--Stir in noodles, then add tuna

--Turn into casserole and top with reserved cheese and parsley

--Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 mins or so

No comments: