Sunday, December 27, 2009

No E-mail, No Life!


Blast CenturyTel, anyway!  Or rather, CenturyLink.  They recently merged with another company and changed their name from CenturyTel to CenturyLink.  Which is probably the reason why I have been unable to get my e-mails for 4 days now.  They are my phone and DSL provider and when I called them 4 days ago to find out why I can't download my e-mails, they said they were having server problems and "hoped to have it fixed sometime this weekend."  Well, "this weekend" is almost over, and it's still broken.

I work from home, and e-mail is my lifeline.  I can dispense with all the social e-mail for a few days and not miss it, but my work is another issue.  No e-mail, no work.  No work, no groceries.  And so it goes.  What's most annoying is that I have friends who also have CenturyLink as their ISP, and they are getting their e-mails!  And they only live 20 miles away.  I get around 100 e-mails a day, so I shudder to think what my inbox will look like once this problem gets fixed.  So in the meantime, if you've sent me an e-mail and haven't heard from me, now you know the reason why!

4 comments:

CenturyLinkJoey said...

Sherrie,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your email. Can I help? I'll be glad to look into the issue for you. My email is Joey@CenturyLink.com. CenturyLink's Customer Outreach has been helping customers for over 2 years. Check this page out if you'd like to see other people that we've helped online: http://twitter.com/EMBARQ/favourites.

Thanks,

Joey H.
CenturyLink Customer Outreach
Reachout@CenturyLink.com

News From the Holmestead said...

I'm glad CenturyLink has someone trolling the Internet looking for dissatisfied customers. Thank you for your e-mail address. Since I'm having e-mail problems, I'm not sure that contacting you by e-mail is my best option. *g*

I will call CL instead. Late yesterday I finally began receiving e-mail again, but any messages sent to me during the 4 days your servers were down seem to have evaporated. I'll call to see if there is any way those messages can be retrieved.

CenturyLinkJoey said...

Guess that email address won't do you any good. You can find me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/EMBARQ_Joey and Facebook too http://facebook.com/CenturyLinkJoey.

But hopefully it sounds like it might be fixed. Keep me posted.

Peruby said...

I always have a back-up e-mail. Since my previous cable provider (Adelphia) was bought out by Time-Warner. They treated ALL Adelphia customers like second-rate citizens. Still do. I was always getting "Oh, you are a previous Adelphia customer? Well, then you'll have to wait. We have not switched this or moved that." It got real old. I was paying the same amount of money that regular Time Warner customers were paying, but we got all the grief.

I created a google email account and copied my address book into a text file on my hard drive ( a hard copy on paper doesn't hurt either) and then I can email all the important folks when my Time Warner email was down.

Been there and I feel for you. It was a disaster. Good luck.