Friday, December 3, 2010

A Leg Report

By now I'm sure all 3 of my blog readers are sick of nothing but reports on my bum leg, but hey, it's the most exciting thing in my life right now!  Last week I called the doc to tell him that the two pain shots in the butt and the 3 pain meds he has me on are doing zilch for the pain.  If anything, I'm worse.  Today the doc's office finally returned my call.  They are referring me to an orthopedist and tripling the dose on one of my pain meds.  (I hope it's not the one that gives me a dry mouth!  I have to carry water with me because I get so dry that I choke when trying to talk.)

So that's the latest.  Once they process the referral, I'll call the orthopedist for an appointment.  I'm dreading how much this will cost, as I have no medical insurance.  On the other hand, I really want to get this thing fixed! 

No comments: